Wednesday, October 6, 2010

...it doesn't matter what my gift is...its the BLOG that counts...







Before anything else, I just want to greet Saint Louis University an advanced happy 100th birthday. If my calculations are correct (which I am not very sure of), the SLU centennial will be celebrated on December 2, 2010 (exactly 56 days to go starting today). And what is a birthday without a celebration right? That is why here is a list of events to be expected in line with the SLU centennial:






SLU CENTENNIAL CALENDAR
Memorial Mass for SLU Departed Members
• Nov 3, 2010
Launching of Alay Pasko Drive
• Nov 9, 2010
University Cleanup Day
• Nov 19, 2010
Centennial Concert and Dinner
• Nov 27, 2010 @5:30 pm
Launching of SLU Centennial & CICM Day
• Dec 1, 2010 @8:00 am
Centennial Handog ng SLU sa Baguio
• Dec 4, 2010 @8:00 am
Centennial Handog ng SLU sa Baguio
• Dec 5, 2010 @8:00 am
SLU Family Day & Christmas Salo Salo
• Dec 6, 2010
First Holy Communion of SLU- LES Students
• Dec 10, 2010
Pre-Christmas Thanksgiving Mass of SLU LHS
• Dec 10, 2010



(Special thanks to this website for providing this information about the SLU centennial---http://www.slu.edu.ph/)



Also, of course, a celebration is not complete without gifts. And my gift to SLU is myself because I know when I become successful some day, I would be proud to say that I am a Louisian and SLU would be proud that they had me as one of their students. As a student of such a wonderful school, I could say that they give the best education system that a student can dream of. They have great facilities including the improved basketball court, volleyball court, tennis court, swimming pool, gymnasium, libraries, clinics, chapels and a lot more. It also has a ton of extracurricular activities set for the whole school year. For example, the Intramurals (which is held every year) is an exciting activity which comprises of a cheer dance competition, the cheering competition proper and some Olympic games. Another one is the quiz bees in different categories. There is also the camping event for the boy scouts and girl scouts. Also, there are clean up drives for the different clubs. Another example is the Family Day (I think this one is self explanatory) and many more. One of the newest is the Talent Festival wherein the students are encouraged to join to show their talents and win great prizes.  One of my gifts also to SLU is the good memories that I have kept through the years. *uhh* I cannot think of better gifts than these so I will count this blog done. For all of you who read this blog, thank you for subscribing.


Attention to the readers of this blog:
There is a slight endorsement of our university in this particular blog. Though this happened I will assure you that you do not need to change your school just because I said things that encourage you to do such transferring of schools. I am just merely describing the said university and not provoking anyone to drop from their own school and transfer to another. Thank you and God bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment